While well known for its classy casinos, exciting nightlife, world-class gambling, fabulous shopping, and celebrity sightings, many people do not realize that Las Vegas is a wonderful place to live. These 10 facts Las Vegas might surprise you!
1. 310 days of sunlight chase away your blues! Lack of sunlight can adversely affect one’s mood. In Las Vegas, you won’t get the winter blahs.
2. Las Vegas has an exceptional educational system, both public and private. Many Las Vegas schools rate among the top in the nation.
3. Las Vegas is the entertainment capital of the world! International celebrities love to perform here, including David Copperfield, Cirque du Soleil, Blue Man Group, Penn & Teller, Celine Dion, Rita Rudner, and among others.
4. With five state-of-the-art sporting facilities and arenas, Las Vegas attracts a wide variety of outstanding events. We are proud to host the National Finals Rodeo, World Championship Boxing, Barnum and Bailey’s Circus, NBA games, music festivals, and presidential town hall meetings.
5. The Las Vegas Parks and Recreation Department develops and maintains beautiful green belts and parks throughout the area. Enjoy peaceful greenery at your doorsteps.
6. Ski, horseback ride, race a sand buggy over the Baja Sand Dunes, swim in Lake Mead, discover Red Rock Canyon, or float in the Colorado river – all with minutes of Las Vegas.
7. Las Vegas cultural amenities include theaters, museums, and numerous art festivals. The city’s event calendar is full year-round with activities for the whole family.
8. Some of the world’s most beautiful places to visit and recreate are at your fingertips – Lake Powell, the Grand Canyon, and Bryce Canyon and Zion national parks.
9. Built during the Great Depression and using techniques unproven at the time, massive Hoover Dam is an amazing feat of engineering ingenuity. Hoover Dam supplies irrigation water, acts as flood control, and provides electricity for Nevada, Arizona, and California.
10. Swim, boat, water ski, fish, or rent a houseboat at the beautiful Lake Mead Recreational Area. Hike on its desert trails, photograph the rare plants, and observe the uncommon wild life species who have adapted to very little water and extreme desert temperatures.
There are many reasons for living in the Las Vegas area. Let Triumph Property Management’s free location service help you find your new neighborhood and dream house today!
“We were tired of shoveling snow, so after our vacation to Las Vegas, we decided it might be time for us to move. Triumph Property Management made it so easy, and they were free! They found us a beautiful new home in no time. They provided lots of information about the attractions in the region. My agent even gave me the name of her salon stylist. Working with Triumph convinced us that moving was the right decision.” Susan Meadows, Las Vegas, NV